Muscle Stories and Fitness Interviews
Muscle stories and fitness interviews are mostly with people I know, or have known, either personally or as internet friends. Their training and exercise methods vary, sometimes greatly. But their common thread is a passion for and commitment to vibrant living and fitness as a lifestyle.
Discover in muscle stories interesting people with perspectives we can all appreciate and often learn from.
Please enjoy them . . .
Do you have a fitness story of your own?
- Boedecker Home Gym
Lifelong fitness advocate designed a home gym anyone will admire.
- Dave Draper Article
Former Mr. America, Mr. World, and Mr. Universe talks about training and growing older.
- Tim Dugas
Personal trainer Tim Dugas tells how after retirement he began a new career in fitness.
- Mrs. Gray Iron Fitness
Patty Reyes Franklin discovers weight training and a new way of life.
- David Gibb
An interview with Northern California personal trainer David Gibb.
- John Grimek: A weightlifting champion and bodybuilding icon was a key man at the York Barbell Company.
- Roy Hilligenn
One of the great strongmen and bodybuilders of the pre-steroid era of bodybuilding.
- Kicking Sand in One's Face . . .
A bully motivated this New York native to get strong.
- Rich Lalami
Rich loved weight training, football, and the Marines.
- Jack LaLanne
The fitness legend now in his 90s still works out daily.
- Jennifer (Franklin) Oberth
California girl builds muscle and burns fat near Arnold Schwarzenegger's hometown in Austria.
- Terry Overstreet
At 64 years old, he was out of shape and weighed 300 lbs. At 66, he's fit!
- Amelia Phillips
A gym owner in Australia and self-described "fitness nut." Amelia walks the talk.
- Peary Rader's Iron Man magazine. For 50 years, Peary & Mabel Rader published an admired bodybuilding and weightlifting magazine.
- Steve Reeves Championship Workout. Discover the exact workouts Reeves took preparing for the Mr. America and Mr. Universe competitions.
- Shirley Rupp. A weight trained grandmother of six fights off a mugger and being robbed.
Evolution of a lady fitness buff with lots of common sense.
- Walt's Gym
Walt's was definitely old-school when it came to pumping iron.
- Yarick's Gym
The famous West Coast gym was the gathering place of champions.
Other seniors following the fitness lifestyle would like to hear it. It's easy. Just click here.
Return from Muscle Stories and Fitness Interviews to Senior Exercise Central home page.